CMI Kidz brings together aspiring young dancers, ages 5-13, who have a love for dance but may or may not have prior dance training. Weekly classes offer the chance for kids to stay healthy and active while engaging and challenging their young minds with new movements and choreography. Additionally, classes and performance opportunities build their confidence in their daily lives as well as on stage. Under the direction of Vihky Smith and Taylor Hawkins, the CMI Kidz program offers training mostly in the style of hip-hop with additional opportunities to learn fundamental dance technique.
See what the kids have to say about what the CMI Kidz Program means to them.
October 2020 – September 2021
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure the safety of all of our dancers and faculty, the 2020-2021 CMI Kidz season will offer both in-person and virtual class/rehearsal opportunities.
- Weekly Classes/Rehearsals Every Friday
- October 2020 – February 2021: Class and rehearsal on the first Friday of the month will be held in-person at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop. The remaining classes and rehearsals of the month will be held virtually.
- March – September 2021: If regulations allow, all classes and rehearsals will be held in-person at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop.
- September 18 or 25, 2021 (TBD): End-of-Season Performance
Company Member Benefits
- 12 months of weekly Friday night classes with specialized training and choreography
- Performance opportunities throughout the season
- Exclusive workshops with local artists
- A CMI Kidz-branded company jacket
- Tuition: $775
- Payment plan available with 4 installments: December 18, February 19, April 16, and June 18
- Uniform Fees: $95-$110
- Due by November 16
- Returning members may order individual pieces, if necessary.
*Financial assistance is available to dancers in need of aid.