The CMI Kidz
The CMI Kidz are aspiring dancers, ages 5-13, with a love for dance, but not necessarily prior dance training. Under the direction of London Myrick, the CMI Kidz learn hip-hop and basic technique fundamentals from experienced and talented choreographers.
The CMI Kidz Program began as the Junior Wizards Dance Team and Mystic Mayhem Dance Team. In 2012 The CMI Kidz was founded and performed for the Olympic USA Basketball Team exhibition in Washington, DC, where President Obama and Vice President Biden were in attendance. Since then dancers have performed throughout the DC area, sharing their love for hip-hop dance.
Auditions for our 2019 season have finished.
Check back for new information about upcoming performances, including our Tribute Concert on Saturday, November 23.
Introducing the new and better than ever CMI Kidz Company! It’s still the same amazing program, now with even more training and performance benefits!
All new in 2019, CMI Kidz Member benefits:
- 12 months of weekly Friday night classes — $750 value!
- 12 months of performance opportunities (June through May each season)
- At least 4+ opportunities to perform on local stages throughout the DMV community
- NEW kids only workshops with local artists and choreographers
- A CMI Kidz-branded company jacket
- 10% discounts on every single ticketed event, workshop, merchandise, apparel item, and dvds
- Refer-a-Friend Perks — for every friend a company member secures for the Movement Membership, the dancer will receive two complimentary tickets to either the Pre-Pro show in November OR CMP show in March. Choose one or the other.
- Benefit of paying for company fees in four $225 monthly installments, starting at the beginning of the season (June through September)
One time uniforms fee due upon selection after auditions. Total uniform fee $95. Returning members may order individual pieces, if necessary (includes CMI Kidz t-shirt $15, shorts – $30 and pants $50 – new style of pants this season).
*Financial assistance is available to dancers in need of aid.