The Pre-Professional Company
The Capitol Movement Pre-Professional Company is comprised of versatile, ambitious dancers ages 11-17, looking to accelerate their training and performance opportunities. Under the direction of Nicole Klett, our Pre-Pro train at an elite level in hip-hop, contemporary, jazz, lyrical, tap, and choreography development, preparing for local performances and the next steps in their careers. This Company is structured to provide dedicated dancers with extra training on top of their weekly classes at studios, dance teams, and school programs. The season runs from July through December each year, culminating in a large final production.
Company auditions for the Pre-Professional Dance Company’s upcoming season will be held on July 12, 2019. Results will be announced immediately following auditions and rehearsals begin the very next day, Saturday 7/13. Click here for more Info.
Introducing the new and better than ever CMI Pre-Professional Company! It’s still the same amazing program, now with even more training and performance benefits!
All new in 2018, we’re adding optional performance and dance opportunities beyond our normal six-month season! As a Pre-Professional company member, dancers will receive:
- 12 months of weekly Friday night classes — $1,500 value!
- 9 months of performance opportunities (August through May each season)
- At least 4+ opportunities to perform on local stages throughout the DMV community
- Countless training and choreography sessions with local and nationally recognized artists and choreographers
- A CMI Pre-Pro-branded company jacket
- 10% discounts on every single ticketed event, workshop, apparel item, and dvds
- Refer-a-Friend Perks — for every friend a company member secures for Movement Membership, the dancer will receive two complimentary tickets to their Pre-Pro show
- Benefit of paying for company fees in four $235 monthly installments, starting at the beginning of the season (July through October)
Please Note: Once in the Company, dancers are required to attend at least two monthly classes at Capitol Movement Studio on Friday nights and rehearse on some Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays to prepare for Capitol Movement events and special guest performances.
*Financial assistance is available to dancers in need of aid.